Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Website Fascination

Today's post will be short and sweet, but I wanted to let you in on my new favorite recipe source.


After Hannah and I went on our hunt for (and found!) the most delicious Black Bean Burger we were totally ready to find more super duper ways to prepare quinoa. 

You probably already know that quinoa (pronounced keen-wa) is a whole grain rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber with a decent amount of protein for a grain.  

Hannah found this great site and now you can find it by clicking here http://www.thegardengrazer.com/2013/01/crazy-for-quinoa.html

Recipe #1

I first made the Mexican Quinoa Salad because I like all things remotely Mexican and I had everything on hand. I have since found out that the dressing is also good as a marinade on chicken and I suspect on pork and fish as well. It is the taste of summer, refreshing, delightful and down right yummy! I would even like it on a green salad. 

Back to the quinoa. How can you go wrong with corn, onion, peppers, tomatoes, and black beans? I wanted to eat it just like that then I remembered the whole idea was to try a new way to eat quinoa and let me tell you, it did not disappoint!

Recipe #2

Next I made the Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing because I am being overtaken by fresh basil. It is very similar to the Mexican Salad but with garbanzo beans instead of black beans and of course it has a different dressing. As long as I have basil growing this might be my new favorite potluck salad.

Next Plan

I believe before the week is over I will try the burritos as well and maybe my own version of the Pizza Bites. I might even venture past the quinoa collection and into the other recipes on this site. 

No pictures today because I was too busy enjoying the salads, but don't worry, as there are wonderful photos at the garden grazer website. Check it out. 

Last Bit of Advice . . . 

Enjoy as much fresh seasonal produce as you can! The Missouri peaches are fantastic, the cantaloupes make me drool, the Iowa Sweet Corn is perfect, the green beans are growing and producing like weeds, the cucumbers and zucchini and peppers and more are coming on strong and I have heard of people getting their first few tomatoes. All this and so much more is out there begging for some good tasty eating. Don't miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment