Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A New Twist On Veggies

During a recent quilt shop adventure with one of my sisters and a sister-in-law I could hardly believe my eyes when I turned the corner and found an entire shelf of vegetable fabrics! An entire shelf of fruit fabrics stood directly above. I have seen veg and fruit fabrics before but never to this extent! Oh, my goodness! I could hardly believe my eyes! I walked away to look through the rest of the store, but soon I found myself in front of that shelf again. What would I do? What choice did I have when it was calling my name?


My new vegetable collection


I found that fabric winking at me and demanding it go home with me. The vegetables called much louder than the fruit. And so, the choosing began. A stack started on the counter, green beans, kale, asparagus, tomatoes, purple onions, potatoes, garlic, carrots, some corn. The switching was minimal and the cutting began. 

Will my quilt be a soup or a salad or maybe a garden? I'm not sure, but in another shop I found the cabbage fabric that will link it all together. A plan is formulating in my mind and before long the sewing will begin. I can hardly wait to show you the finished quilt sometime later this summer. It will be delicious!

In the meantime, I will soon be sharing some of the great recipes I have recently acquired from my sister Pam. I have a new Spinach Quinoa Salad and a new Spicy Cole Slaw that might jazz up your summer meals. 

I hope you have some fun projects lurking in your future.


No comments:

Post a Comment